At Pathways ECI, we base our services on family-centred practice, which recognises that each family is unique; that the family is the constant in the child’s life; and that they are the experts on their child’s needs and abilities.
You and your family work in partnership with Pathways ECI, to make informed decisions about the services and supports you recieve. In family-centred service, the strength and needs of all family members are considered .
At Pathways, our values underpin our work. These values include:
- We respect and value each child;
- We value the family and work in partnership with the family;
- We offer acceptance and respect;
- We value the cultural and linguistic diversity of our community and the families we support;
- We acknowledge and respect the history and cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their right to their cultural identities;
- We believe in flexibility and negotiating partnerships with families and services; and
- We believe that children and families who need assistance should not have to wait to get it.